POBA Concept Revised
11/4/2020

Physical Object Blockchain Asset (POBA) is the process of tokenizing a hard asset to prove ownership and authenticity. This is achieved by minting a unique POBA NFT token and assigning it to a hard asset on a blockchain network.

POBA provides individuals and industries a low-cost tamper-proof asset tracing and validating system for their products. The POBA system is designed for industries where the authenticity of their product is critical to the end user or key stakeholders. The POBA system can be integrated into any organisation’s current workflow and requires minimal setup and running costs. 


A transaction directory will be required for ongoing POBA operations. The preferred method would be a decentralized database solution.The two main options are either a community of users, “contractors” who run a copy of the poba public database so the marketplace maintains its decentralized status, or other current running systems like Arweave or filecoin that could be used for storing the historical data in a decentralised manner.
 
Sellers can connect their current ecommerce stores to the poba platform by a read-only api connection. . This task will eventually be automated. Ability integrate POBA tokenization to traditional ecommerce stores. Woocommerce, Quickbooks, etc.

POBA Marketplace Concept

A digital marketplace for merchants including a built in DeFi reward system and market ownership protocols. Any person or organisation with a wallet address can sell any POBA enacted product on the marketplace. The marketplace is closely based on an ebay/amazon style with a strong focus on product ownership, authenticity and decentralized market ownership with vendor staking rewards.

How POBA Works

We allow anyone to use poba app to tokenize their products and list on the official project directory.
Once a product is sold a printable redemption code will be included as a pdf (printable), POBA label to allow your customers to claim their POBA NFT. If your products are pre-encoded with custom serial numbers, they can be used to verify products and or claim POBA NFT also.

POBA DeFi Reward Concept

The POBA token is used as a distribution method of fees collected through market sales and resales within the POBA platform. A 5% fee is applied to all products sold within the outlined markets, which is stored within an internal pool. For the allocation of collected fees a distribution token is used, dPOBA. The dPOBA token is designed to have an elastic supply, which is rebased, based off the vendors current number monthly sales.

The total market cap of the dPOBA tokens would represent 60% of the entire fee pool. The remaining 40% is used for external staking or liquidity opportunities, which encourages dPOBA holders to accumulate the token for the compounding benefits. This could be done through existing protocols like compound or curve. The dPOBA tokens are able to be exchanged/burnt for ETH through the pooling contract. A users original dPOBA token is sent to the POBA marketplace connected wallet address after the first sale through the POBA open market.

Target Industries

Stage 1. Art, Collectibles, Custom Creations
Stage 2. High volume luxury goods. (watches, purses)
Stage 3. High cost luxury goods. (art,exotic cars, boats)
Stage 4. Legal Contracts (partnerships, inheritance)
Stage 5. Land, Property – Buy, lease, Sell
Stage 6. Company and Corporation
Stage 7. Precious Mineral, mining and resources
Stage 8. Healthcare, Education, Nonprofits and Charities.

Roadmap

Stage 1. Complete the POBA minting system
Stage 2. Create the POBA marketplace
Stage 3. Create the DeFi rewards system
Stage 4. Automated accounting smartcontract
Stage 5. Onboard potential merchants
Stage 6. NFTs for multiple owners, shared ownership
Stage 7. Sponsored transactions
Stage 8. Cross-chain interoperability